Prelude 2017 is quickly approaching! Here is all of the information needed for new and returning Chorus students about Prelude:
What is Prelude?
Prelude is a MANDATORY orientation event for ALL Plant High Chorus students (returning and new) in all choirs – auditioned and non-auditioned.
When is Prelude?
Monday, August 7th (Freshman Orientation Day)
- 9:00 am Check-in at PHS Auditorium.
- Chorus students will remain on campus for the remainder of the day.
- They conclude PRELUDE with a performance at Freshman Orientation in the PHS Gymnasium & then are released to attend open house.(Come early to get a good seat– they fill up quickly!)
What do we do at Prelude?
It’s FUN! It’s FANATICAL! It’s FREE!!! Chorus Director, Bruce Yost and a talented group of assistant directors will train, teach, enlighten and rehearse with all Chorus students, preparing them for a fantastic start to the 2017-2018 school year. The day will include the following:
- Lots of singing and dancing
- Team building games & activities
- Eating!!! Lunch and snack provided
- Uniform fitting and assignment
- FREE Official Chorus t-shirt distribution ($15 value)
- Perform the PHS Alma Mater and Fight Song at Freshman Orientation
- Earn 100 merits toward your Meritorious Achievement award
Prelude is a wonderful event for all Chorus students, new and returning. This event provides students with the opportunity to bond with their fellow Chorus students, particularly those that will be in their group this upcoming year.
Beyond team building, this event provides new students to Plant High School the chance to become acclimated to their brand new school and experience a sense of community before they even walk in the doors for their first day of high school. In other words, Prelude acts as a transition for new Plant students, allowing them to become comfortable with the environment and their Chorus peers.
This day really sets a high bar for the whole year! Prelude is not an event you want to miss! We hope to see you there!
For more information, visit our Prelude page.