CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ARE PART OF THE H.B. PLANT HIGH SCHOOL CHORUS PROGRAM – ONE OF THE BEST IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA!
Welcome to our new Chorus students and welcome back to our returning students!
We hope you’ve had a great summer. It’s going to be a fantastic year for Chorus students and their families and we begin at 9:00 am, Tuesday August 7th with Prelude 2018– our fun, mandatory, full-day workshop lead by our Chorale Director, Bruce Yost, along with our accompanist, Tara Swartzbaugh and industry professionals in the fields of choreography, vocal performance, music and dance. You’ll meet over 150 new friends, revisit old ones and begin your foundation that will better prepare you for Chorus performances this year. This fun-filled day will culminate with a performance of the national anthem and fight song at the Plant New Student Orientation which begins at 4:30 pm in the gym.
Important Chorus Prelude 2018 Event Details – Action Required
- Date: Tuesday, August 7, 2018
- Location: Plant High School
- Student Check In: 9:00 am in the lobby of the auditorium
- Cost: Nothing! – This event is being funded by our Chorus Booster organization.
- All students must RSVP no later than Saturday, July 14th:
New Chorus Students: RSVP via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with 1) Confirmation of attendance AND 2) Your T-Shirt size
Returning Chorus Students: RSVP via email to email@example.com with confirmation of attendance ONLY.
- Attire: Wear comfortable clothes & shoes that you can dance & perform in (school dress code applies – no short shorts or skirts; no holes in jeans). Bring a bag to put your personal belongings in. You will be given your Chorus T-Shirt toward the end of the day to change into.
- Cell Phone Usage: Not allowed during any of the workshops, games or performances. You may use your phone during breaks & lunch only.
- Students will be served a morning & afternoon snack (granola bars, fruit & afternoon snack) and water will be available all day.
- If your student has specific dietary needs or restrictions, it is recommended that they bring their own snacks and lunch.
- Uniforms: All students will be fitted for the formal Chorus uniforms during Prelude.
- T-Shirts: The Chorus T-shirt serves as our informal uniform. There is no charge for T-Shirts for those students attending Prelude. ALL others not attending Prelude must purchase their shirt for $10 from Mr. Yost during the first week of school.
- Prelude concludes with Chorus students performing the national anthem and Plant fight song at the New Student Orientation in the gym (begins at 4:30 pm).
All students will return immediately to the Chorus room following Orientation, to pick up personal belongings, & are then officially dismissed to attend Open House (begins @ 6:30). All parents are encouraged to attend Open House.
Please consult the Plant Chorus website for very important information and additional details @ planthighchorus.com. There are several events that require your RSVP and/or the purchase of tickets within the next few weeks. We will also need chaperones for these fun and exciting events.
The upcoming events that require your response include:
- Chorus Parent Orientation (Tuesday, 8/21 – 5:30 – 6:30 pm) Mandatory Attendance (Located in the Auditorium)
- Disney Performance & Field Trip (Saturday, 9/29 – 8:00am-11:00pm) Optional Attendance
Who can you contact for additional information?
Parents: We’re here to help you! Prelude Questions:
Kim Brubaker, Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents: We welcome your emails! Chorus Booster Questions, Additional Assistance & Volunteer Opportunities:
Janet Calzon, Co-President email@example.com
Shana Logan, Co-President firstname.lastname@example.org
New or returning Chorus students: Have questions or need information? We can’t wait to meet you & we welcome your emails:
Chorus Student Co-Presidents:
Elizabeth Bado Ebado22@hotmail.com
Alex Cheatham email@example.com
Again, welcome to Plant Chorus! We can’t wait to see all of you on August 7th!